THE DENVER SANTA CLAUS SHOP
At the Denver Santa Claus Shop, we’re all about the toys! Our mission is that every child should have a toy at Christmas. We are a volunteer-run, nondenominational nonprofit that has helped well over 1 million local children in our 90-year history.
Denver Santa Claus Shop is unlike other nonprofits because it…
- Sets up a giant, temporary “toy store” open for 4 days in December
- Invites parents who are “referred” to DSCS from Denver Human Services, Social Service Agencies & Community Partners
- Enables parents to SHOP, choosing toys for their children
- Gives parents a 100-point certificate for each child when they arrive
- “Values” toys from 5 to 100 points each, so parents can select several toys for each child
- Is believed to be the longest, continuously-running charity of its kind in the U.S
To fulfill our mission of, “A Toy for Every Girl & Boy” we…
- Depend on generous people, companies, organizations, etc. to donate new and gently used toys
- Are the toy recipient of 9CARES COLORADOSHARES annual winter drive in November each year
- Work with local merchants that serve as toy drop-off sites
- Rely on hundreds of volunteers each year
The Denver Santa Claus Shop is a nondenominational, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization operated by a large group of volunteers and governed by a Board of Directors. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.